Fashion is not just about looking your best, whatever that may be, but feeling good about yourself too! How can you feel good if you’re not getting good sleep? The more scientists research sleep the more important it seems for our health.
If you’re already dying to get a good nights sleep, skip to the bottom for 12 tips to help you sleep.
Unfortunately, in this era “always on” culture, it’s hard to get enough quality sleep.
- Not getting enough sleep can:
- Raise your risk of heart attack or stroke
- Lead to unwanted weight gain
- Weaken your immune system and raise the risk of cancer
- Raise the risk of Alzheimer’s Disease later in life
- Worsen your mental health
As for the beauty benefits. Getting good sleep will give you lots of benefits:
- Fewer wrinkles
- A glowing complexion
- Brighter, less puffy eyes
- Healthier, fuller hair
- Happier, healthier appearance
via The Truth About Beauty Sleep
Now that you know how important sleep is to look good and feel good, be sure to follow these tips to make the most of your shut eye!
- Stick to a sleep schedule
- Exercise is great, but not too late in the day
- Avoid caffeine and nicotine before bed
- Avoid alcoholic drinks before bed
- Avoid large meals and beverages late at night
- If possible, avoid medicines that delay or disrupt your sleep
- Don’t take naps after 3 p.m.
- Relax before bed
- Take a hot bath before bed
- Have a good sleeping environment
- Have the right sunlight exposure
- Don’t lie in bed awake
- See a health professional if you continue to have trouble sleeping
Check out the link from the National Institute of Health for more details on each of the tips!
This book is epic and will change the way you think about sleep: